Saturday, July 4, 2009

I should be so lucky...

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am. I have a car. I dont think twice about having problems getting anywhere. I never have. My parents were always willing to drive me places. I had older friends that had cars. Once I turned 16, I always had a car to drive whether it be mine or mom and dad's. I was reminded of this fact the other day when making calls for conferences. I called the dad of one of my advisees to set up a time for conferences, but I was unable to schedule a conference with him not because he had to work, but because their family is currently restricted to the bus system. Getting from the city out to a private school in the 'burbs is not the easiest to do without a car. It was just a reminder as to how lucky I have been to never have to worry about getting around.

On a lighter note, I offer a great quote on behalf of one of my students. Every day the students have a school-wide "Word of the Day." A few days ago the word was explicit. On their worksheets the students need to use the word in a sentence. This is one sentence I received: "The Volcano was so explicit it exploded." Oh, Matt.



No comments:

Post a Comment